How To: Make a Pilau Dish
- 1 cup Basimati rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup Onions
- 1 tbsp Crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp Crushed fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp pilau-masala
- 2 to 3 cups Chicken broth (boiling) optional.
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk (canned)
- In a big pot, heat oil on medium heat. Then, add rice and onions. Stir until the translucent color of rice starts to turn white.
- Add garlic, ginger, and pilau masala. Keep stiring until the garlic is cooked.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut milk with ½ cup of chicken broth.
- Add the coconut mixture to the rice.
- Cover the pot and turn heat to the lowest settings. Adding chicken broth ½ cup at a time to the rice until it is cooked.
Must serve with kachumbari.This recipe is the work of http://tasteoftanzania.com ...Visit her site for more recipes